10 Benefits of Using PC Financials Budgeting Software
You may think that budgeting software is not something you need, but have you considered the benefits of a good budgeting system and what it could do for your business? For starters, budgeting software is designed to simplify and streamline the budgeting process, a process that is typically a tedious and time consuming exercise whereby the resulting annual budget is often put aside and not looked at until the following year when a new budget needs to be created. With that one could understand why you wouldn’t think you’d need budgeting software, the budget is never looked at after it’s been completed.
What if instead you not only used your annual budget as a tool for making better business decisions, but you also had a way of making the budgeting process more collaborative and alive versus tedious and stagnant? This is where budgeting software comes into play because one of the biggest benefits of a true budgeting system is the collection and analysis of data that can be used for insights and business decisions backed by real-time data. Decisions based on actuals vs budgeted variances, what-if analysis, trend predictions, and more. PC Financials by DSPanel is such a tool.
PC Financials has a robust budgeting module that not only integrates with many of the mainstream ERP systems like Epicor, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft NAV, Oracle, SAP ERP and others, but also with Salesforce and PC Financials Business Analytics and Performance Management modules. Unlike the straight budgeting modules of the past, PC Financials provides a unified platform for Financial Budgeting, planning, reporting & analysis, and consolidation. If you’re not convinced that that’s powerful, then here are 10 additional reasons to consider using PC Financials Budgeting for your budgeting process:
- Makes the management and control of your budgeting process easier, more flexible and less prone to errors than the common Excel spreadsheet.
- Users may download the budget file from the system, create a spreadsheet version of it for manipulation and editing by other users, and then upload the altered budget file back to the system.
- Tracks budget iterations, thus eliminating version control challenges.
- Creates budgets by item, products, customers, cost centers, etc.
- Allows you to base your future costs and revenues on different rates, standards, volumes, and user-specified factors.
- Uses historical budgets and actuals to create reports predicting trends.
- Number of buckets are user-defined which allows for multiple forecasts and variance analyses.
- Allows comparison of actuals and commitments to budgets throughout the year.
- Real-time budget alerts notifying management when your budget goes off track so management can better analyze whether changes need to be made to areas impacting your budget.
- Maintains budget for multiple years.
If you’ve been using MS Excel spreadsheets or older budgeting software for your budget process, then it’s really time to consider a tool like PC Financials. PC Financials can be integrated to any ERP system that can be reached by MS SQL Server and offers management the opportunity to use Business Intelligence to identify trends, new opportunities, perform cost analysis and more. With a moderate price tag, PC Financials provides the same look and feel of Excel while giving management much more power and flexibility than MS Excel has to offer.
PC Financials is fully integrated with:
In addition, Solution Developer Toolkits are available to streamline the integration process for:
- Dynamics NAV
- SAP ERP
To learn more about PC Financials, contact MIS. MIS is excited to offer PC Financials to organizations looking to get a higher return of investment from the time spent on their budgeting process. MIS has spent 30 years helping organizations utilize technology to meet their business goals and objectives, and our core expertise is complex financials which means we are well versed so we can help you get the most from PC Financials.