12 Simple Reasons to Upgrade Your ERP System – The Bottom Line
Lets face it, there are a lot of reasons to upgrade an ERP system, and the final push to move forward is dependent on current pain points, business requirements and goals. Whether provoked by a change in executive leadership, merger & acquisitions, growth, inefficiencies, data inaccuracies, disconnected data or other, there is a common thread of challenges resulting from outdated ERP technologies. Here are 12 simple reasons to upgrade your ERP system – the bottom line:
- Obsolete Technology – Existing systems are difficult and inefficient to use and expensive to maintain and support and ERP customizations are expensive and unable to move forward. Newer technologies are easier to use and less expensive to support.
- Inefficient – Older ERP technologies require many more steps to complete a task than current technologies. Modern ERP frees up employee’s time with Business Process Improvement and the automation of many repetitive, everyday processes.
- Not User Friendly – Older systems aren’t as intuitive and cumbersome to use. Modern user interfaces are more streamlined and offer more personalized, efficient user experiences.
- Not Flexible – Older ERP and legacy systems lacked flexibility and forced you to do business their way. When your business needs changed, older ERP systems required expensive customizations that could not be easily upgraded. Today’s systems are much more flexible.
- Not Scalable – Growing companies need a system that is scalable and can grow with them.
- Disparate Systems – Disparate systems cause a whole slew of problems starting with a disconnected organization and ending with a lack of transparency and decisions that are based on partial information.
- No Collaboration Capabilities – Modern ERP enables collaboration and sharing of information for improved communications and efficiencies amongst employees, vendors, and suppliers
- Lack of Mobility – Older ERP systems require employees to work at their desk. Employees can now access their ERP system 24/7.
- Real-Time Data & Reporting – Real-time, connected data, easy report modifications, enterprise-wide transparency, proactive decisions versus reactive decisions, No more super users and reporting bottlenecks. Plus, you get some pretty awesome BI and Analytics with interactive dashboards.
- Low Cost Cloud Deployment Options– Lower cost cloud solutions like Epicor Cloud ERP are enabling smaller businesses to have access to functionality that was previously only reserved for larger companies with larger budgets.
- Higher Customer Expectations – Customers expect a lot more today. If you’re not able to service them as expected, then retention rates go down and acquisition costs go up.
- Not Meeting Current Requirements – Older ERP system were designed around older business requirements and rarely address current requirements and goals. If your ERP system does not helping you meet your current business goals and objectives, then you are keeping your business from moving forward.
ERP systems impact who we are as a company and how we are perceived by others, both internally and externally. If we hang onto old, outdated processes and technologies then we are not making room for new opportunities or for improvement. Being stuck with a system that’s based on our old set of requirements often means that our business is also stuck and not able to move forward.
Learn More About Upgrading Your ERP System
Ready to talk about your business and what you can do to move your business forward? Do you have specific challenges with your existing ERP? Do you need help with your ERP project budget or preparing for an upgrade? Do you want to learn more about how Epicor ERP or Epicor Cloud ERP solutions can help you improve your bottom line and be more competitive?
Want to learn more about MIS, a top-tiered Platinum Partner and also the longest standing Epicor partner? Take a look at our About Us page.
Ready to contact MIS? We’re ready when you are!
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter or to register for a webinar, or subscribe to our YouTube channel for more insights and product demo’s.
MIS is Epicor’s longest standing partner with experience in a wide array of industries and expertise in complex financials, discrete manufacturing, and process manufacturing. Our team of professionals have many years of experience from industry or as former Epicor employees. As a Platinum level partner we are confident that we know just what it takes for you to improve your way of being while meeting your business goals and objectives with Epicor ERP. Our goal is for you to gain the highest Return on Investment from your ERP project and have an Exceptional ERP™ experience! Don’t delay! Contact MIS today!
Related MIS Blogs:
When is it the Right Time for a New ERP System?
10 Risks Associated with Older ERP Systems
Epicor BI: Connecting Disparate Data for Improved Insights
How Manufacturers Can Increase Production Efficiencies with Epicor ERP
Selecting the Best ERP for Your Business – 9 Considerations for ERP Selection