20 Reasons to Upgrade Your ERP System for 2019
Outdated processes. Slow reports. Disparate data. Too expensive to maintain. Does this sound like you? You’re not alone. These are common challenges that older ERP systems are causing, and they’re not going away.
Just because your ERP software was the best option five years ago doesn’t mean that it is today. Chances are that your business has evolved and your business requirements have also evolved with your business. Thanks to technology’s progression and the iOT, your customer’s expectations have changed too.
To get motivated, here’s a list of 20 challenges that lead organizations into taking the first step towards updating their ERP software. Make the change before the end of 2018 and you’ll be prepared for your business to be its most competitive in 2019 and beyond.
Do any of these ERP challenges sound familiar to your business?
- Spreadsheet inaccuracies
- Little to no visibility
- Disconnected data and integration challenges
- Data delays that lead to lagging decisions
- Inefficient business processes
- Reports no longer relevant and expensive to modify
- Slow report generation
- Lengthy Budgeting Process
- Lack of good business intelligence (BI) and analytics
- Can’t always answer customer and vendor inquiries efficiently
- Disconnected remote employees
- Not scalable
- Inability to collaborate
- Mobility not supported
- Can’t take our company to the next level
- Outdated technology is slow and inefficient
- Vendor no longer supports product
- Vendor no longer provides product updates
- High total cost of ownership
- Not meeting current business requirements
Though disruptive, the rewards gained from a well thought out ERP project enable organizations to meet goals and objectives as a result of:
- Streamlined processes
- Improved efficiencies
- Cost savings
- Improved data integrity
- Better decisions
- Better tools
- Improved visibility into new opportunities.
If you are considering an ERP software evaluation, MIS can help. We’ve been helping businesses meet their business goals and objectives with technology since 1987. Our team of seasoned Epicor ERP consultants is available to help you when you are ready to take the next step. Contact us today and don’t forget to ask us about Exceptional ERP™ !
Related MIS Blogs:
Risks Associated with Older ERP Versions
ERP Reporting Options: Traditional ERP Reports, Spreadsheets, or…
9 Tips to Quickly Identify Your ERP Solution