21 BI Benefits: Why Epicor ERP Business Intelligence (BI) Makes Sense
It wasn’t too long ago that Business Intelligence (BI) tools were only available to larger enterprises. BI was new, required a significant investment in technology, and was not attainable for most. Things have changed. Today’s Business Intelligence (BI) tools are available to businesses of all sizes, thanks to the progression of technology, including the cloud, which has brought costs down significantly. As a result, insights that were not previously available, even to companies running older ERP systems on their backend, are now available to fit a variety of budgets and needs.
If you have seen the movie, Hidden Figures where computers were a group of men and women that spent their days computing complex mathematical equations in an effort to land the first man on the moon, BI is like going from a basic calculator to a complex analytical computer program. Imagine how much sooner we would have landed on the moon if we had today’s technologies in the 1960’s. Imagine how much sooner your business could reach its goals if you had BI to help you navigate through today’s business decisions.
There are a wide variety of options to choose from when it comes to ERP and Business Intelligence. Let us take a look at how Epicor ERP BI can help you continue to move foward in today’s competitive global marketplace.
Why Epicor Business Intelligence Makes Sense:
- 1. Easy and seamless integration of all data sets including Epicor, non-Epicor, 3rd Party and Excel
2. Flexible and Scalable
3. Highly customizable to fit many business reporting requirements
4. Empowers users with its intuitive user interface
5. Generates simple or detailed reports from complex data sources to meet reporting needs
6. Offers Enterprise capabilities including statistical formulas
7. Report modifications are simple and don’t require reliance on IT or a ‘super user’
8. Embedded into existing workflows
9. Dynamic dashboards personalized to the individual by showing data that’s relevant to their role.
10. ‘Out-of-the-Box’ reports can be modified by users if needed
11. Data can be traced back to the source, regardless of database location
12. Quick report generation
13. Ability to process large data sets efficiently
14. Improve employee and departmental efficiencies
15. Report scheduling capabilities for automated report distribution to internal or external individuals or groups
16. Improved customer satisfaction levels from leveraging Epicor BI for customer facing reporting needs
17. Elimination of reporting inaccuracies that occur with MS Excel and data merges
18. Elimination of manual work through report automation
19. Easy upgrades that don’t impact your data, reports or dashboards
20. Helps you meet and exceed business goals
21. You have MIS to help you take your reporting and business to the next level!
The data has always been there; older technologies have not made it readily accessible. Epicor ERP Business Intelligence presents your data in a format that helps your management team see the big picture so they can make better informed business decisions. To put it simply, business intelligence creates value from the data that your system is already storing.
MIS has been helping businesses meet their business goals and objectives with technology since 1987. We are here to help you navigate the ERP selection process, whether it be a cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solution. The team at MIS knows what it takes to get you there! Ask MIS about Exceptional ERP™ Contact MIS today.
Related MIS Blogs:
BI Software: 6 Mistakes to Avoid
Beyond Excel: ROI Budgeting and Corporate Performance Management Software
Karen Beaulieu has worked in the ERP software industry for over 15 years. Having worked in a variety of roles from product development, channel and direct sales to marketing, Karen has a unique understanding and perspective of the ERP software industry. Currently Karen works in a marketing capacity for MIS Consulting & Sales and MIS Solutions Canada, ULC.